Monday, June 16, 2008

I Did It!

I made bread for the very first time! And it was soooooooo good. While it was baking, it made the whole house smell heavenly. And then when I cut off that first end slice, and spread some real butter on there, Oh My Gosh! I ate 4 slices right then! I could eat this several times a day. I can't hardly imagine how good it's going to be after more experience. Well, I hope the whole process gets quicker. That's my only complaint is that it takes like 3 hours! I'll definitely be getting a Kitchen Aid mixer for the kneeding part. 10 minutes doesn't seem like a long time but 10 minutes of kneeding seems like forever! As for the rising, the dough has to rise for an hour, TWICE. Then it has to bake for like 45 minutes. The anticipation was about to kill me! BUT the end result was totally worth it! Ok so here are some pics. Tina, you really missed out.

After Kneeding
Photobucket

After 1st Rise
Photobucket


After 2nd Rise
Photobucket

Done!
Photobucket

Wanna a slice?

I'd like to thank Rhonda from Down To Earth, I hope someday my bread will be as beautiful as hers!

6 comments:

Anonymous said...

That bread looks amazing. I can almost smell it. I got my first Amish Friendship Bread starter this past week and can't wait to make the bread. I hope that it turns out looking as good as yours does.

Angie said...

Thanks Shala! What is an Amish Friendship Bread starter? Whatever it is, I'm sure it will turn out great!

Mother Nature said...

Congratulations on making the bread. Half the pleasure of it is smelling it baking. Donna

Sinfonian said...

Oh my! That does look tasty. I agree that 3 hours for bread does seem a long time, but for a special treat or if you're doing up 8 loaves at a time for a week, it wouldn't be bad. And yes, a Kitchen-Aid with the kneed hook is a miracle.

Ok, I am breaking down to ask... what's the recipie (or link)? I found Rhonda's Down To Earth site but it's huge and I gave up after an hour of great reading but no recipie. hehe

Looks great! Yummy, thanks for sharing!

Rhonda Jean said...

Welldone Angie, they the loaves look wonderful! :- )

Angie said...

This is the recipe I used...
http://www.cooks.com/rec/view/0,164,159189-241201,00.html

Wordle: SEW

My Other Hobby

Photobucket



Photobucket



Photobucket



Photobucket



Photobucket