Friday, June 06, 2008

Finally Friday!

Well I got The Garden mowed last night, it took me all of about 15 minutes to complete! I keep adding beds and walkways which happens to eliminate grass, which means less to mow. My sweet husband fashioned me an arch over the backyard gate so that the grape vines can grow over and look pretty. I brought a few more things around from the front. Tomorrow I'll be putting in the fountain grass and moving a plumb tree in preparation for my 2 hens that I'm getting soon! I also want to start on the shaded areas as well, that means I have to get some hostas and othe shade loving foliage.

I plan to make a few flower boxes and I think I'm going to put begonias in them. The flower fairy gifted me with a free begonia yesterday while I was at work. I was sitting out in the gazeebo looking at all the begonias around the oak tree and I happened to notice one laying on it's side, still in the pot. Obviously the landscapers forgot to plant it. So, I rescued it! It's really ironic because until a few days ago, I have never been attracted to begonias, I always thought they were kind of ugly. But I noticed how full they were getting in their beds since they had been planted a few weeks ago, that's when I started to think they were kind of pretty.

Hubby will work on cleaning up the garage, it's in a horrible state of disgrace right now.

This is my other brother Darrell. I think he's been having too much fun!

Photobucket

2 comments:

Joanna said...

Looks nice!

Joanna said...

Fun in the Sun!And on the water!

Wordle: SEW

My Other Hobby

Photobucket



Photobucket



Photobucket



Photobucket



Photobucket