Tuesday, August 26, 2008

Surprise!!!!

Remember me telling you about the water bottle swap? Well look what the mail man, or woman, brought me yesterday...

This is From Elizabeth in England, isn't it pretty? I love the prairie looking fabric and I'm using it right this very moment! I just love it!
Photobucket

And look what else ! I couldn't believe she sent me so many goodies!!!
Photobucket
There are 2 packets of flower seeds AND a cachet full of lavender seeds from HER very own garden. There's also an adorable little needle book AND a book titled The Sixth Wife by Suzannah Dunn, which I've already started reading and am totally enjoying!
I was so excited by my package that my husband said I was like a little girl again, all giddy with delight. I can't wait to send her her package, which I'm dgoing to do tomorrow!


Ok so I know yall have been wondering how Hurricane Fay treated us. Actually, she wasn't really that bad. We have all the expected tree limbs and branches littering our yards and streets, which I predict is going to take a few weekends to clean up. We did have one major incident though that we didn't even notice until Sunday when we were cleaning up the front yard. One of our 60 foot trees broke at about 20 feet up from the bottom and fell into the tree next to it. You can't really tell but the tree is fairly large in the trunk and canopy (the canopy is all tangled up into the next tree's canopy). The tree is actually about 2 feet from our house and if it had fallen the other direction, it could have been catastrophic since it happend at around 1:30 am while everyone was in bed sleeping. I am convinced that God was watching over us.

Here's a side view of our very messy backyard thanks to Fay.
Photobucket

And here's the tree that fell over, look in the middle of the pic. just above the roof line.
Photobucket

Look what Fay did to my okra! :0(
Photobucket

But, on a happier note, my loofas faired very well and are growing beautifully! Look how big this one is!
Photobucket

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Nice gifts, for a nice person....But make sure you keep that afghan in all this swapping. Oh yeah how bout sharing some wedding photos, the newlyweds are having anxiety, and so am I...
XXXOOO,
BFF

Wordle: SEW

My Other Hobby

Photobucket



Photobucket



Photobucket



Photobucket



Photobucket