Tuesday, August 26, 2008

Prompt

Well, I saw this assignment over at mamakatslosinit and thought it might be fun so I signed up. The object is that Kat will give a topic and you have to base your blog (on Wednesdays) on that particular topic. So here goes -I chose the topic... "I wish I could..."

As soon as I saw it, I knew this was what I wanted to write about. But then I started feeling guilty, or ashamed, so maybe I should write about the other, and then I changed my mind. Then I thought, "is there really any guilt to be awarded?" Then I thought "Well of course there is, how could you wish for anything different than what you have? I have 2 awesome sons, I have a wonderful marriage (married or not, we've been together for 11 years now) with 2 wonderful step-sons. My life is pretty decent, who could complain, right?

I wish I could ...
Be a housewife.
Photobucket
Yes, you read correctly. I want to quit my job and be a housewife. That's it. I mean geez, I've been working since I was 17 years old, I'm 37 now, that's 20 years! Don't you get to retire after 20 years of working? I thought that's how it went. So how come I'm still working?
My 2 boys don't live with me anymore (a couple of years ago, they decided they wanted to go live with their Dad). I'm okay with that now. Afterall, I knew it was coming. I was somewhat prepared. They are safe, comfortable and seemingly happy. I can't beg them to come home. I have to accept it. They are where they want to be....for now.
So here I am, with my husband (whom I adore) and his 2 boys (who coincidently decided that they wanted to move in with thier Dad (my adorable husband) at the same time that my boys decided they wanted to go live with their Dad) so I'm still fulfilling the role of Mom...it's just not the same though. Here's where I feel guilty. Is it okay for me to say to my husband "I'm tired, I don't want to work anymore, you take over.? Is that so wrong? I just want to stay home and keep my house clean. I want to sweep up dust bunnies, and hang sheets out on the line. I want to cook all our meals, I want to have the laundry done (well mine at least, everyone here does thier own laundry), I want to sew and quilt and garden and craft, is that too much to ask? Really?
Photobucket
There have been so many times when I've felt like just quitting. I really hate going to work. My patience isn't what it used to be, that's for sure. I really dread having to deal with other people now, and when I say other people, I'm referring to co-workers and clients. Get this, someone ate my frozen breakfast croissants. Yea, took them right out of the freezer and ATE THEM! What kind of crap is that? Who does that, eats other people's food like that? Now I have to go buy something to eat today which totally goes against my efforts to spend less.
I hate fighting traffic on a daily basis, it really makes. me. crazy. Like this morning, I was freaking out because the morning rush hour traffic was worse than usual and my car kept acting like it was going to over heat. If my car had actually over heated, I'd have been stuck on the side of the road trying to find someone to rescue me (Sparky is out of town this week so he can't be my hero this time), at the same time I'd surely have a nervous breakdown because there are freaks and wierdos out there that would just love the opportunity to snatch up a helpless little thing like me. If I were home being a good housewife, doing housewife things, I wouldn't have to deal with these kinds of situations. Now I have to make it home today. Please car, please don't over heat. Please traffic, please be nice today.
Coming home and announcing that I have retired... priceless! Do you think I'm being selfish or lazy in my wanting of this? Cuz I can see how some people might see it that way. I, myself don't see it that way though. I see it as a changing of careers! And so what if we have less income. I don't need a lot, I just want to be able to pay my bills and buy groceries, that's all. And be a good little house wife.
Photobucket
Well, there's my assignment, I hope you enjoyed it.
Now could someone please tell me how I can find free, cool blog layouts so that I can change mine?
Thanks and have a super day!
~angie~

5 comments:

Rachel said...

I too want to be a housewife; I am 30 now and have been working since I was 16; I work for insurance since my husband is self employed; cute blog; I too just started one and trying to make them pretty; from what I hear we have to pay someone to make it pretty; there goes more money...I guess we still have to work LOL

Anonymous said...

I am all about the stay-at-home wife, and mother, Hey I did it for 5 years, with a lil PT work here and there. So I say GO FOR IT, however being the BFF, I wonder what Sparky(on the respect side, to me his name is Stupid, he loves it when I call him that)would say if you took over his kitchen.....
XXX OOO

Melissa said...

I want to be a housewife too but my mean husband keeps making me work.

But we don't have any kids and I would probably get addicted to soaps and bonbons.

Krazy Armstrong K's! said...

Think about the $ that goes into commuting, maintence on the car your wardrobe, possible childcare... im sure you can do it! It's not its al cracked up to be in the long run, its not all bon bons and soaps! I WISH! Havent seen my soap in about a month and bon bon.... they dont even make those darn things anymore.... so sad! Anyways, if you want it, make it happen!
BTW I have a free blog template, dunno who made it, it posted at the top of my blog tho! ONLY thing that stinks about changin tho is that you have to redo everything on your side bar!
Thanks for stopping by and it was a great read!

Sinfonian said...

Tell your husbands that Sinfonian brought his beautiful bride home from work to raise our two wonderful boys after the first was born. It just takes some adjustments and budgeting. No biggie.

I'm all for anyone that wants to stay home staying home. I think it's great!

Wordle: SEW

My Other Hobby

Photobucket



Photobucket



Photobucket



Photobucket



Photobucket