Yep, today is my birthday (thanks Momma & Daddy!) and I share it with George Hamilton (that really tan guy) and Jane Wyatt (the Mom from Father's Knows Best). These are some of the things that were going on in in 1971 when I was born:
- Richard M. Nixon was president
- The average annual income was $10,600
- The average price of a new house was $25,250
- The average monthly rent was $150
- The cost of one gallon of gas was 40 cents
- Stamps were 8 cents
- Ladies 2 piece knit suite were $9.98
- Movie tickets were $1.50
- A brand new Datson 1200 sports coupe was priced at $1,866
- The Microprocessor was invented - computers, yay!
- All in the Family debuts on CBS and introduces a trend in socially conscious programming
- Jim Morrison died in Paris at age 27
- Simon and Garfunkel's Album Bridge Over Troubled Water won Grammys for Album of the year and song of the year.
- Phyllis George (Texas) won the title of Miss America
For more interesting info on what was happening the year you were born, go HERE.
I never hesitate to buy myself a birthday present, ever. I've always loved chenille bedspreads so I went looking for one. I found the one I wanted on ebay so I bought it and guess what the mail man delivered yesterday? Yes! my very own, vintage chenille bedspread, and this thing is heavy! I couldn't get it out of the package fast enough! Oh, it is perfect, beautiful, just what I'd hoped it would be. That reminds me, I need to go rate the seller. Anyway, so I put it on my bed and had a photo shoot, check it out...
Isn't it gorgeous! So now I need to make some vintage throw pillows to complete the look. I just love it!
Sparky got me a present too! Look how pretty...
Ok, bring on the Birthday Wishes!!!!