Friday, August 01, 2008

Good Times!

While I was looking for pictures for a new post I came across the ones from a trip last year. My brother and I decided to take a road trip back home to Texas to see Momma & Daddy. Elmo Texas to be exact. About 30 miles south east of Dallas. We were both born there and although we've spent most of our lives in Florida, Texas will always be home. My brother has since moved back there. When my kids are all grown, I may go back as well. We'll have to wait and see what happens...
It's a 15 hour drive, the not so fun part. On our way, we stopped in the Florida pan handle and picked up Nana. She likes to go to Texas a lot! "D" and I took turns driving while Nana kept the conversations going, if you know what I mean!

Here's Nana, aint she beautiful!
Photobucket

Here we are at the Texas Welcome Center!
Photobucket


Photobucket

Photobucket


We were only able to spend 3 days but we had a great time!
Photobucket

Yes, we are a silly bunch!
Photobucket


I love Texas!
Photobucket

Photobucket

3 comments:

Vanessa said...

Thanks for stopping by my blog and leaving your generous comments!

I love your resolutions on your sidebar - those are some great ideas. . .especially the shoes part! :) Also, your plants are lovely. My husband LOVES gardening and plants.

I plan to stop by more often :):)

Sinfonian said...

Gotta love Dallas. I spent a few days there this year myself. Everything really IS bigger in texas.

And what a cute couple. Tell your hubby I love the T-shirt! hehe.

You are such a great photographer. A true artist! I can't afford a good camera. My old one still takes pictures on film. /shudder (pun intended).

Boy, 15 hours, everyting's far away in the south it seems. Glad you had a good time! Thankfully my family's local.

Angie said...

Welcome Vanessa, thanks for stopping by!

Sinfonian,
Yes, everything is bigger in Texas, especially the bugs! Thanks for complimenting my photography attempts. I still have A LOT to learn before I could even think about considering myself as an artist so thanks for the vote of confidence!
Thanks for saying that we are a cute couple but we are actually brother and sister, I got a good laugh outta that one! :0)

Wordle: SEW

My Other Hobby

Photobucket



Photobucket



Photobucket



Photobucket



Photobucket