Monday, July 21, 2008

How dang hot was it this weekend?

I never did get a chance to look up the temperatures for Saturday and Sunday but I bet is was at least 100 degrees. And cheese & rice, was it humid and sticky! BUT that didn't stop me from getting things done around the house and in The Garden. Saturday I played in the house all day. I watched a few movies. I sewed myself a basic flared skirt but I'm not really happy with it. It's a little too big in the hips and I hate elastic waist bands so I'm gonna work on figuring out how to do something different with it. I also baked 2 loaves of bread and finished my very first afghan! On sunday, I worked in The Garden, ALL... DAY... LONG. I looked terrible! I don't think I've ever sweated like that before in my life! Well, I may have looked terrible but The Garden looks great! Enjoy the pics!

Here's my afghan! Not bad, huh?
Photobucket

Pleeez don't let the worms get into this guy!
Photobucket

Surviving squash.
Photobucket

Okra plants lookin' good but no signs of okra
yet, what's up wid dat???
Photobucket

The green beans look great, I think I'll plant more!
Photobucket

It's a baby loofa!!!
Photobucket

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Your afghan looks great! I love to knit and have a bunch of new yarn just waiting for the weather to cool down so that I'm not in the yard so much. Your little watermelon is so cute, our watermelon plant just up and died. I guess we weren't good enough parents for him. I have some green bean seeds that I never planted, do you think its too late? The average frost date isn't until November 16th so I think that I have time.

Sinfonian said...

You baked bread in 100 degree heat? Did you bake it out on some rocks in the garden? I can't fathom turning on the oven in that heat, hehe.

Great looking plants, my mouth is watering for that watermellon! And is THAT what beans look like. I'm hoping I get some soon!

Wordle: SEW

My Other Hobby

Photobucket



Photobucket



Photobucket



Photobucket



Photobucket