Monday, October 27, 2008

Hay Yall...

it's fall!
yea, yea, yea. i know it's been fall for several weeks now. so I'm a little late in posting my fall decorations, so shoot me. no wait, please don't shoot me, i didn't really mean that. what I meant was, better late than never, right?

anyway, yesterday i worked on a decoration that i saw on another blog and being the copy cat that i am, i had to duplicate it and create on for myself. i know you're dying to see it but you'll have to wait a little longer cuz i'm not quite finished with it yet. in the mean time, i'll share an idea of my very own (at least i think it was my own idea). i made this cut center piece about 5 years ago.

Photobucket Photobucket

it was super simple, just go to the craft store and get you one of those miniture bales of hay, some cute little fall floral stick thingies, a mini scare crow or two, some fall potpouri and a small wodden tray. paint the tray if you want, set the hay inside the tray and scoot it all the way to the back, stick in your floral thingies and your scare crow, pour some potpouri in the front of the tray, add a festive little bow and voila, you have an adorable centerpiece that was so easy Moma Kat could make it (hehe, i hope she doesn't take offense to that) and it costs less than $10.


next...
i picked up a couple of old milk bottles at an estate sale last weekend. i love these little bottles so much i think i'll go back this coming weekend and grab some more. they make wonderful little seasonal flower vases! i just set them around all over the house and stick a single flower in them. how stinking cute is that?

Photobucket Photobucket

ok, now it's your turn to share some of your decorations...

oh, and here's another doll that i made saturday night for my cousin's little girl, i hope she likes it. nana named her gigi!

Photobucket

2 comments:

Rachel said...

Love the decorations...and the bottles with flowers!
I don't have any fall decorations
:(

Angela said...

i like to have orange flowers please.

Wordle: SEW

My Other Hobby

Photobucket



Photobucket



Photobucket



Photobucket



Photobucket